CA4006 Concurrent & Distributed Programming
Resit Continuous Assessment 2016/17
The local Tennis Club's committee has several IT literate members and
they believe that a remote court booking system would be a great idea.
Members could book courts from at home or at work. You have been hired
to develop such a system. The committee insist that it is developed
using webservices. The remote application connects to a server that keeps all
the booking information. The Tennis Club has 10 courts (2 grass courts,
4 championship artificial courts and 4 tarmac courts) which are booked
at hourly intervals between 10am and 8pm. With
SOAP Web Services (using JAX-WS) you should develop a
client-server application implementing a tennis court booking system
with the following specification:
The server should provide the following functionality to a client (both client and server to be developed):
- View the timetable for any or all courts for any time period in the current and following week.
- View the courts booked by a member for the current and following week.
- Book a Court for a specified day and time. If one has already been booked by another user,
a user should be able to register their interest in that court being cancelled
at a later date (before the preferred time). If this happens the
user will automatically be booked on it at their
preferred time and a notification will be issued to them accordingly.
Instructions & Deadline:
- This is an individual assignment.
- Please write a short (4 page max) design documentation which may get you
some partial credit if I cannot get your program to execute as it
don't mind what (if any) IDE you use to develop your RMI code but
program must be compilable by me using javac and
runnable at the command line of my Windows machine. You have to
submit all your source files and documentation as well as any
peculiarities there may be with compiling or running it.
- Please Mail the above to me with a completed plagiarism declaration form which is signed by both of you by the last day of semester 5pm, Friday 18th August 2017.